IntoTheMacabre

IntoTheMacabre

Sleep Paralysis - Patrick Lacey

Sleep Paralysis - Patrick Lacey

Worm Garden -

What would you cause you to feel more guilty - sleeping with your best friend's girlfriend behind his back or taking him to a sacrificial altar on a ghost hunting trip?

Operation Parasite -

Conspiracy theorists. Manny is one. Is he onto something or is he a dangerous whack job?

Pen Pals -

Who's on the other end of those pen pal letters? That's what James is afraid to know. Great Twilight Zone-ish tale!

Drowning in Filth -

The next time you're flipping the channels and you see a show about hoarders, you might think twice that it couldn't happen to you. Excellent creepy-crawly tale.

Lost and Found -

A stuttering boy finds strength from the body of a murdered girl. A little too thin of a plot and more questions than answers for me.

3 out of 5 stars

First Bell -

A survivor of a high school shooting can see the ghosts of that horrific day a he relives it over and over. More like a victim having a flashback than a real story.

2 1/2 out of 5 stars

Send Your End -

A website called Send Your End where people send in video of them killing themselves is addicting to high school senior, Marissa. She tries to enlist her favorite teacher into helping her. But some things are beyond our control.

The Lynnwood Vampires -

If the high school kids in your small town start dressing all in black, dye their hair black, bleach their skin and get numerous face piercings, it may not just be a goth phase. Great storyline and character development make this one a fun read.

Norton -

Ritchie's daughter, Veronica, finds a beat up stuffed bunny outside of a burger joint and wants to take it home. Ritchie agrees out of feeling guilty that his wife has recently left him and Veronica. She names the bunny Norton. Oh the things Norton can do. With shades of Chucky from Child's Play, Norton was a good story that could've benefitted from not ending so abruptly.

Cold Call -

A struggling single mother gets a telemarketing call like no other. Make sure, when you're walking home with your friends from the bar and complaining about your life, that you don't offer to sell your soul for a better life. You just might be heard.

4 1/2 out of 5 stars

Bad Egg -

A woman who can't have children is raped by a reptilian-like creature. How bad does she want to have a child?

3 out of 5 stars

Critter Marrow -

Odd sounding name in an odd SPAM email that Gary can't seem to delete from the company email. What do you do with a haunting email that you can't delete?

Last Words -

How well do we know our family? Everyone has two sides. One is who you really are and the other is what you show other people. Are you sure you know who your father really was? Great story about how we think we know our families only to find a hidden side and what would you do with that knowledge.

The Boss -

No one rarely sees the boss of the grimy fast food dive that Perkins is sitting at. When a drunk customer complains about her food and demands to see the boss, she quickly understands why.

Mrs. Alto's Garden -

Death makes the best fertilizer. At least that's what Mrs. Alto says. An enjoyable story that has shades of Charles L. Grant and H.P. Lovecraft.

4 1/2 out of 5 stars

Big Bertha -

Big Bertha is one of those older arcade games where you throw balls into her cavernous mouth while cheesy carnival music plays as she's bellowing, "Feed me!" Now imagine how creepy this game could be in the dark. A fun and silly read.

Full Disclosure -

A tale from a ghost's perspective as it tries to help out a beautiful girl who has moved into his old apartment and unknowingly brings home a demonic clock.

4 out of 5 stars

A solid effort from Lacey. Some of the stories were silly, but fun. It was best to just sit back, don't take things too seriously and enjoy the ride.

Overall, a solid 4 out of 5 stars.

This ARC was provided in exchange for an honest review.

You can also follow my reviews at the following links: